Sunday 24 February 2008

Mental Ray!!!!................

Whilst doing the lighting tests I was thinking, so far I always render in 'Production Quality' with Maya Software, and there must be ways of getting better render results....... thus I found out about Mental Ray. Before when tried this method of rendering, I ended up with bad looking render (due to not knowing about all the various settings that aafect the final outcome)...... so I always thought Mental Ray was a lower level method of rendering. I'v looked at some online tutorials and played around with it using the same test scene I quickly made for the lighting tests.... below are a few renders....................

These are some of the tutorials I was looking at.......................
Create a gear and render it realisticly with Mental Ray
How to model a screwdriver and render it with mental ray
Mental Ray Approximation Editor



Render with Depth Map Shadows


Same render but with Raytrace Shadows


Once again but with coloured lighting



I need to play around with the different settings with Mental Ray before I use it for my actual animations output. I might try to find and check out some more helpfull tutorials, like tutorial DVDs for Maya....... but seeing as I'm starting to run out of time I'll leave that for later and speed up with this work!!!!.............


__________________________________________________________


Some sneak peeks of a few finished models rendered with Mental Ray..............






No comments: