Friday 7 March 2008

Running Out of Time...................

Now that everything is FINALLY ready, I ONCE AGAIN only have like a day to animate (aside from the needed rendering time)............. so in order to have some kind of finished product, I'm sadly gona have to cut down the animation scene I had in mind BIG TIME............

____________________


ORIGINAL IDEA - the idea I had in mind for this animation (which I don't even have time to storyboard - even though I should have done it aaaaages ago :P) was something like....... after an establishing shot of the enviornment, we see Adios walking upto Aciao Ciao (witch their cat Skeletrino with them) and acting out the scene I drew out earlier where he's giving her a skull shaped lolly as a present -(this is actually a shot seen in many Tokidoki illustrations, which is why I drew it out earlier (but in a setting I visualised it happening in) in the hope of staying true to the toy range)- but just as she's taking it from him, the Ci Boys (or at least a few of the 9) come in and steel it............. a chase starts off between the Ci boys and Adios, but Adios cannot keep up. Then at one point, the Ci boys litterally bump into the Sam character I modelled, where then Sam presses T0-7's power button (the Toshiba Notebook representative Ci boys character), who is holding the candy in his hand. To-7 then falls asleep (in a humorous way I had in mind), causing the rest of the Ci boys to run off in fear....... Sam then hand over the candy back to Adios.... he goes back to Ciao Ciao, etc...... HAPPY ENDING...........

I think this idea would have been a nice, short but cute animation, which stayed true to the toy ranges and showed the characters interact with each other in a reasonable and appealing way.........


NEW IDEA - now because of the lack of time, I'v decided to cut the animation into two seperate ones, with the idea of animating and rendering out one..... and then if time is left animating and rendering out the second, andhaving two short animations in hand..........
The first of the two would be the Adios and Ciao Ciao scene, and it literrally would be as I envisioned it in the picture I drew out for the concept of these characters......... the skull candy would obviously not be stollen from them :P...............
And the second would be the Ci boys pestering the Sam character to the point where he presses To-7s power button.... the other Ci boys run off again, etc. etc....................

This was would aslo result in both animations stciking to one company...... The first will be Tokidoki obviously...........and the second animation will be characters of Red Magic's characters.....................



__________________________________________________________


Some shots of the animation so far, which is pretty much completed now........ I don't think I have enough time for the second animation now though, but I'll have to see.....................


Firstly the lighting.......


Above is a shot of the scene with the default Maya lighting...... its IS gloomy in the way I invisioned the scene before hand, but I think it would be better with a slight increase in brightness, plus I want to have sum shadows inthere too, increasing the visuals a little..........



Above is a shot of the scene with the imported lights I created as a test in an earlier version of the scene, consisting of an Ambient light and a Point light (only the the ambient light which is set up close to the moon has Raytrace shadows turned on).......... As you can see its a little too bright, and there is a shadow being casted from the moon onto the sky....... So I turned off the Cast Shadow attribute of the moon, and the Recieve Shadow attribute of the sky, which I seem to have forgotten to earlier.............



And the final lighted look................



And now some shots of the animation with the final lighting setup..........






No comments: